Share |

Friday, October 17, 2014

No Title

Couldn't think of a title for my post this week, so called it No Title. I guess it's ok not to put a title though. Right?

Spent most of this past week quilting tops for a friend. I did 3 for her, and 1 for me. Well, the one for me isn't for me, it's a gift for a former coworker who is having her 1st biological grandchild. It's so cute and colorful. I found the fabric in my stash. I also made 4 coordinating burp cloths. For some reason the panel only had 8 different baby heads, so I had to improvise and fill in the middle square. I like the way it came out.



 I also made a small purse to match my new coat. I seldom carry a full size purse anymore. This little one has plenty of room for everything that I need.



I started on a Heartwarming jacket for ggd, Kenzie, and should have it done this weekend. I need her here to finish it as I have to mark the length of the sleeves and put on the cuffs. She will be here tomorrow so I will have it done to post a picture next time.

Started, a Big Tree wallhanging (almost 7 feet tall!), that is paper pieced. Huge pieces so should be a little different to work with. And I am still plugging away on the embroidery for the barn quilt I started forever ago, lol.

Going hiking today with some friends and the dogs up to the Rich Mountain firetower in Hot Springs. I can never make myself climb the tower, but today I hope to be shamed by having friends there, lol. We will see. If I do get past the first landing, where I usually stop, there will definitely be pictures!!

Looking forward to rejoining the Monthly Doll Quilt Swap (see link on sidebar) for November. Slowly getting back to all my former quilting activities.

Later,
WilmaNC

4 COMMENT:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

No, you don't have to have a title. Love the baby quilt and you can never have too many burb cloths.

Lucy said...

The baby quilt is darling. Glad you are blogging again.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Some lovely Creative stuff there x

Anonymous said...

I love your baby quilt with improvised center - perfect! What wonderful things you've been doing; thanks for sharing the pictures.