Share |

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Goodness....

Time flies when you're having fun, lol. Can it really be mid April? This winter was so cold, even for us, that I thought it would never be over. But now things are warming up I am looking forward to getting back out on the trails, and getting more quilting energy.

I haven't done a lot of quilting, but I did do this neat artsy wallhanging called The Nest. It is different then anything else I have ever done, and I really like it. I got the pattern from Such Designs.



I also got a pattern for a Rock Cairn wallhanging, from the same place, that I have almost done. I got it all finished and then decided that it needed one more rock on top. Don't you agree? It is all ready to be stitched down. Then I want to paint my kitchen/dining room pale gray to match it. This wall hanging is 24" x 72".


Block Lotto. Fused batik flowers this month. Cute. But alas, I didn't win.



During those cold days of this past winter I finally learned to knit with circular needles. I made myself 2 felted hats that I love!!! They were so much fun to do.



Lori Holt came out with a new book called Farm Girl Vintage. I pre ordered it and it came last week. Wheee!!More really cute patterns. She is going to do a sew along on Instagram starting May 1st. I get more stuff done when Im doing a sew along, lol.



Hope all is well with everyone. I am still alive, lol.

WilmaNC

4 COMMENT:

sophie said...

It's good to see what you've been up to ... love the knitted/felted hats and the artsy wall hangings.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Interesting rock piece. The felted hats are wonderful. I won't be doing the sew along with Lori, but have ordered the book.

Anonymous said...

The wall hangings are so cute. I love the way you've arranged that shelf under the nest. One more small rock on top would be great on the other one! I don't knit, so seeing something like your hats is always interesting. Looks like they'd be great in cold weather, definitely! Glad spring is coming for you finally.

Lucy said...

Welcome back to blog world. Missed you. The hats are beautiful and very elegant.