Share |

Friday, March 11, 2016

Could it be spring??

I love spring! Our daffodils are blooming and the weather is finally warming up. The only thing I don't like is stupid Daylight Savings Time.


That's how I feel. It needs to stop!!

On a sad note, a friend of mine, and an especially close friend to my sister, Patty, passed away recently from kidney failure while waiting for a transplant. It was so sad. The internet quilt group I am involved with, ABC Quilters, made blocks and I put them together for a quilt in her memory. I donated the quilt, plus another to the dialysis center near me. They were so happy to receive them. Dialysis patients are hooked up to the machines for an average of 4 hours, 3 days a week. They get very cold and always need blankets. Keep dialysis centers in mind when you have lap quilts to donate.

This quilt was a round robin from The Quilting Bee Forum.  



This is the quilt and label of the quilt by ABC Quilters. Jane will be missed by so many. She was a lovely person and an awesome quilter.



I'm currently making Itty Bitty Quilts from a book by Mari Martin. They are very sweet and quick. I'm making 2 extra sets for Christmas gifts this year.

January

February

March


Life's been good to me so far. (Did you sing that?? lol.  Hope it's good for you too.

Later,
WilmaNC

6 COMMENT:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Sorry to hear about your friend, a lovely and very thoughtful gift in her memory. Hope you're ok xxx

Anonymous said...

What a great memorial to your friend. I'm so sorry that she was still waiting. I had a friend from Wales who moved back home when he needed a transplant and it was less than a year before he had it. We seem to have such a long waiting list! I hope they are working on being able to clone a person's own body organs. I think someone is, with support from the Methuselah Foundation. It would certainly make life better for so many! That's definitely a good cause you are promoting. There's a dialysis center almost everywhere!

pollyanna said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. I love the memory quilt, as well as the Round Robin, that you have given in her honor. I like Spring (because it means Summer is on its way!) but springing forward is hard, even on us who have no need to care. *smooch*

Lucy said...

Your Itty Bitty blocks are cute. I am sorry too Jane did not get help she was such a nice person and enjoyed quilting.

Anonymous said...

good post
Pantangan Makanan Penderita Thalasemia
Makanan Sehat Bagi Penderita Thalasemia

Brooke Higgins said...

Thanks for sharing this. luton meet and greet